Module 1Preparing for Environmental Conditions
- Preparing for and recovering from hot and humid conditions.
- Preparing for and recovering from cold and windy conditions.
- Preparing for altitude training camps.
Module 2Nutrition & Hydration Practices
- Keeping pace with sweat rates.
- What to drink and when to drink it.
- Replenishing carbohydrate stores.
- Replenishing protein stores.
- The role of fat in the diet.
- The importance of vitamins and minerals.
- Competition day nutrition.
Module 3Recovery Practices of Elite Athletes
- The role of active recovery.
- The role of passive recovery.
- Hydrotherapy principles and practices.
- The role of compression therapy.
- The role of soft tissue therapy including massage, rollers and spiky balls.
Module 4Optimizing Sleep
- Explaining sleep science.
- Why sleep is important.
- The consequences of sleep deprivation.
- Barriers for a good nights sleep.
- Enhancing your sleep hygiene.
Module 5Management of Travel Stress
- Pre-flight preparation.
- Hygiene and illness-prevention tips.
- Nutrition and hydration during travel.
- In-flight management of travel stress.
- Post-flight management of travel stress.
Module 6Understanding Physiology
- Examination of the physiological capacities.
- The body’s circulatory and respiratory systems as an essential basis for exploring performance.
- An understanding of the principles of training.
- Types of training to improve the components of fitness.
Module 7Daily Practices of Elite Athletes
- The art of meditation and confidence.
- The importance of unplugging from electronic devices.
- The importance of aiming for high-quality sleep.
- The benefits of visualising your goals.
- The importance of keeping a record.
- The importance of having a plan.
Module 8Considerations of Male/Female Athletes
- What you need to know about puberty and development.
- The female athlete triad.
- The menstrual cycle.
- Fuelling teenage boys.
Module 9Supplements and Ergogenic Aids
- What are performance enhancing drugs?
- Understanding the difference between supplements and sports foods.
- Anabolic steroids.
- Stimulates, including caffeine for enhancing performance.
- Protein supplements.